Since 2013, the Government have spent millions on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
We must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport that we offer.
This means that we use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that your school already offers
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
POSSIBLE USES FOR THE FUNDING MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers.
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs.
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- Running sport competition or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games.
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport.
- Providing places for pupils at after school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
Schools are held to account over how they spend their additional, ring-fenced funding. Schools are required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, alongside details of their broader curriculum, so that parents can compare sports provision between schools, both within and beyond the school day.
At Cavendish Primary School, we are committed to ensuring the delivery of high quality physical education lessons, as well as providing children with extra- curricular opportunities to remain physically active. We aim to inspire children to participate and enjoy physical activity throughout their school lives and beyond.
Furthermore, we committed to ensuring that the PE and Sport Premium funding is used to benefit all pupils, regardless of their physical or sporting ability.
Please see below our Sports Premium Report: